Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Second Grade Symmetry Creations

I am catching up my blogging! April was quite the month...Graduate school semester ended, we had a fantastic art show at the Cultural Center (post to come), I became an aunt to a sweet baby girl in North Carolina, and I had my wisdom teeth yanked out of my head. I apologize for the delay and I'll be posting as much as I can.

Second grade also just finished up their symmetry creations. We took a piece of paper, folded them in half, and cut an interesting line from the bottom to the top. Because we folded the paper, the end result after cutting and then opening the paper was a symmetrical shape. With our imaginations in high gear, we used construction paper, glue, and markers to create an interesting piece of art (many monsters and aliens!) and add details.





No comments:

Post a Comment